Small steps that make a big difference to your wellbeing.
Avoid “STRESSMAS” this year. Get Organised By Christmas.
Brigitte Johnson and Dr Michael Carr-Gregg
Christmas or Stressmas? You have a choice. You have a finite amount of time and energy left in 2019. Making wise decisions about where you choose to focus that energy makes a huge difference. Organised by Christmas breaks your season down into 9 parts that create enormous wellbeing, putting psychological eggs in your basket so you can be the gift that keeps giving. Avoid the pain and bring on the joy.
Why the stress?
Australians will spend $25 billion on Christmas this year, even though 14 million of us plan to cut our spending¹
This year, there will be a 40% spike in calls to crisis lines²
The accumulation of work deadlines, school exams and financial pressures can create huge stress.
Surges in domestic violence, child hunger and cardiac arrests as well as overspending, overeating and loneliness.
Planning ahead will buffer you against the stress and angst the season can cause.
- How to set yourself up to thrive in 2020.
- Practical, evidence-based, time and money-saving and energy-creating strategies
to boost your wellbeing.
- How and why looking after yourself first is essential.
- Harnessing the neuroscience of Nutrition, Sleep, Exercise and Mindfulness.
- A budgeting and spending approach that gives you complete control of your Festive Finances.
- An approach to declutter your home and office with the 7 essential steps for the Great Pre Christmas Toss
- How to maintain healthy relationships with loved ones and deal with tricky dynamics like the “Step-Christmas”.
- Strategies to cope with the emotional aspects of loneliness, stress, anxiety and grief that the season can trigger.
- A simple and effective way to master your digital world – all the e-mails, photos, bills, social media and clogged up files that distract you and suck up your precious time, energy and money.
- Wellbeing at work – tips to maintain your boundaries, setting expectations, harnessing your time and playing to your strengths.
- Automatic contribution to Australia’s largest hunger relief organisation – your investment in Organised By Christmas (and in yourself) will put 3 meals on the table.
- An accountability partner to help you succeed.
YOUR PURCHASE PUTS 3 MEALS ON THE TABLE
Each purchase of Organised By Christmas provides $1.50 to Foodbank, which equates to 3 meals on the table for Australians who are otherwise going hungry.
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating on a scale that makes it crucial to the work of the front line charities who are feeding vulnerable Australians. Foodbank provides more than 70% of the food rescued for food relief organisations nation-wide.